[LIS-Forum] Question: Data model in digital library system

Atanu Garai atanu at socialwell.net
Sun Aug 28 22:07:19 IST 2022

Hi Group,
It has been a long time since we have been in touch with LIS-Forum network. In the last decade or so i have contributed in solution design, implementation, and development in health and agriculture spaces.

In the startup SocialWell, we have started looking in digital library solution with a focus on providing a more wholesome user experience. As a starting point, we are looking at data model in the digital library system. Do you recommend maintaining separate model for each resource type, e.g., book, report, thesis, video, for example? Or have you seen a reuse of the single data model for one resource extended to other comparable resources? What are the good practices?

Best regards,
Atanu

Atanu Garai

SocialWell