[LIS-Forum] Mr. Pattanshetti's Demise

Ashok Asundi ashok_asundi at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 07:39:54 IST 2020

To All LIS Professionals
I am very sorry to inform you that former Librarian of Bangalore University Library, Mr. C.K. Pattanashetti, passed away yesterday i.e on 22nd November 2020 due to massive heart attack.
Mr. Pattanshetti, one of the most humble professional and a down to earth person held the position of heading the library during its most critical periods and also had shouldered the responsibility of teaching when there were no permanent teachers in the Department.
Coming from Belgaum districts his father was a school teacher and had his Library Science diploma (PG) from Baroda and so Mr. Pattanshetti was a very fluent in Gujarati language. For a short period he served as Librarian of College of Education, Belgaum. He later completed his MLISc from Bangalore University and   serviced the University library which was then spread in two campuses.
Very knowledgeable person also served in the Dept. of Public Libraries associated with veterans like Sri G.M.Patil, former curator of Libraries Karnataka, Mr. N.D.Bagari, former State Librarian, Prof. P.K.Patil, Prof. K.S.Deshpande who headed the Bangalore University Library for a term.I was one of his close associate, and knew him closely since 1980s when I moved to Bangalore then to Bangalore University, in 1985.
Mr. Pattashetti had lost his wife long ago, he is survived by his three sons all are well placed in life.
On behalf all LIS Fraternity and on my personal behalf I convey our heartfelt condolences and pray all mighty to his to SOUL REST IN PEACE (RIP) and also our consolation to his family to bear this loss.
Prof. A.Y.AsundiPresident, Karnataka State Library Association
Former Professor, DLISc,Bangalore University,Bangalore