[LIS-Forum] Reopening Libraries?

Chief Librarian, SAIACS library at saiacs.org
Sat May 16 11:12:41 IST 2020

Dear Professional Colleagues,
Please accept my apologies for asking these laymen questions, if this has
been already discussed in LIS forum.

I would like to know if any of us have prepared a protocol of operations of
the library after lockdown is lifted. How are you planning to reopen the
library and its services? In your library What are the
preparations/procedures laid down in handling user services? How have you
prepared for social distancing, precautions in handling of returned books,
postal mails, staff duty. Are you going to practice closed access system
until such time that we feel safe? Care and preservation of rare materials?
I would value your input and suggestions and what is viable in our context.
We want to protect human lives first and then resources. How do we cater to
user needs in this scenario?

I have either participated or listened (recorded sessions) to
following webinars:
https://youtu.be/iuuczmz4BR0

<https://youtu.be/iuuczmz4BR0>
https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/viewRecording/4681970506055494411/5461324139097070606/stephen.wyber@ifla.org?registrantKey=2685681801538803979&type=ATTENDEEEMAILRECORDINGLINK

Additional Readings;
https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
https://www.ifla.org/covid-19-and-libraries
http://olc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/OLC-COVID-19-Reopening-Best-Practices.pdf

Thanking you

______________________________________

*Dr. Yesan Sellan, * *MLISc., PGDLAN, BCS., UGC-NET., PhD,*

*Chief Librarian*

South Asia Institute of Advanced Christian Studies (SAIACS)

363 Dodda Gubbi Cross Road, Kothanur P.O., Bangalore 77, India

Phone: 91 80 2846 5235/5344/ 5649, Fax: 91 80 28465412, Mobile:
91-9972348251

www.saiacs.org Alternative Email: yesans at gmail.com

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0501-5661
<yesans at gmail.com>

IMPORTANT : This message is intended only for the addressee. It may contain
confidential information. Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete
the original message. Thank you.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email*.*