[LIS-Forum] Database Vs. Website

Murari Tapaswi tapaswimurari at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:39:53 IST 2020

I think it should be considered as a website because the databases are
running in the backend. It can not be in any case a portal because the
portal is supposed to provide links to the resources on other websites. It
can not be a database because much more information exists on this URL
other than full-text database, I suppose.
Regards, - Tapaswi
मुरारी तपस्वी, Ph.D.,४, सिंगबाळ बिल्डींग, टोंका, करंझाळे, 403002 गोवा, भारत
Murari Tapaswi, Ph.D., 4 Singbal Bldg, Tonca, Caranzale, 403002 Goa, India
फोन/ Phone: 0832-2462953; 9763341967
भेट द्या/ visit: http://muraritapaswi.blogspot.com
<http://muraritapaswi.blogspot.in>

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 1:16 PM vinod mishra <mishravk79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot sir, actually i wish to know this in context of cataloguing
> such resources. Should we put under website or database or web portal or
> any other classification of types under RDA/AACR2 and the relevant MARC
> tags.
>
> Just trying to discover all above.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Vinod Kumar Mishra,
> Assistant Librarian,
> Biju Patnaik Central Library (BPCL),
> NIT Rourkela,
> Sundergadh-769008,
> Odisha,
> India.
> Mob:91+9439420860
> ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4666-7874
>
> *"Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical
> relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul" -- Mahatma
> Gandhi*
>

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 1:12 PM Murari Tapaswi <tapaswimurari at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In my view the indicated URL is of a website which is running a full text
>> database at the backend.
>> Regards, -Tapaswi
>>
>> On Wed, 22 Jul, 2020, 12:38 pm vinod mishra, <mishravk79 at gmail.com>
>> wrote: