[LIS-Forum] Sci-Hub Case: The Court Should Protect Science From Greedy Academic Publishers

Murari Tapaswi tapaswimurari at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:17:47 IST 2020

I disagree with Prof. Vinit Kumar's arguments that (1) the publishers
charge heavily to compensate sci-hub downloads. The subscription of the
journals of these publishers were as high as of today before sci-hub was
born. (2) such acts would reduce the publication avenues in good journals -
this has not reflected in last 10 years (since sci-hub was born), and (3)
mushrooming low quality journals as a result of sci-hub, and reduction in
the avenues for publishing.
May be this would be a good project for Vinit Kumar and his students to
prove this with numbers after providing linkages.

Regards,

Dr. Murari P. Tapaswi,
Phone/WhatsApp: 9763341967