[LIS-Forum] National Education Policy, 2019 (Draft) and

Prof. N. Laxman Rao. naglaxman at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 29 22:22:11 IST 2019

I agree with Dr Jagdish Gary.
When people were in position with power,  they were silent or did not do anything for improvement.  Many played politics and now the professionals advise youngsters.  These youngsters suffered in the hands many seniors. The youngsters can tell stories about these advisors.  Now most youngsters want to do in spite bad experiences,  but their power is reduced to minimal. The power reduction and ignoring professionals is CONTRIBUTions of our own professionals. These advisors never wrote to UGC or AICTE or any government agency for growth of libraries or change of LIS education.
Neither the so called lis association's contributed except writing their designations in CV. The days of older generations who worked for profession were spoiled during last 2 to 3 decades. We have many associations , who want an annual conference/ seminar and earn money. There is nothing else they do for profession.
Even SRR  whose contributions are admired and accepted worldwide, but those who claim SRR associates did not take great man's legacy either academically or professionally.
Even now the old or senior professionals damage or make derogatory remarks on youngsters.
I feel many do not have locus stand for giving advise. If anyone want, please help the youngsters, who are interested in profession as well as their future.
The fate of public libraries in extremely bad conditions. Unless their issue is take up,  the conditions shall never improve.
There are few professionals doing extremely good work minus politics. They encourage everyone and let us appreciate them.
I am not targeting anyone, if anyone is hurt, iam sorry.
With regards
Laxman Rao
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 at 9:55 pm, Mysore Jagadish<jsss1950 at gmail.com> wrote:   Please correct me if I am wrong. Looks like we are repeatedly saying the
same thing again and again over decades. Everything seems to be in writing
and doesn't seem to come up. Based on earlier recommendations, please let
me know the implementation process of the same. Pardon me for my ignorance
if at all.
Regards
Jagadish