[LIS-Forum] My Exclusive Interview with Jeffrey Beall on Predatory Publishing Practices

Ishwar Goudar goudarishwar at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:26:13 IST 2019

Dear  Professionals,

This is a very good initiative and well designed/structured crowdsourced
blog for Open Interview by  Dr Hulagabali.

The very first interview is most important one by Dr. Jeffrey Beall, the
crusador of Predatory Journal Publishing. I read the interview with well
planned questions with very appropriate answers by Dr. Beall. His comments
about India's role in predatory publishing, UGC approved  List of Journals,
setting of Publishing companies by South Asians in USA, State of  Delaware
and steps to be taken to curb this menace are worth reading and adapted
especially by Research and Academic Administrators in India.

For detailed text of discussion between the interviewer and Dr. Beall
Please visit:
https://openinterview.org/2019/01/17/jaffrey-beall-south-asia-has-a-worldwide-reputation-for-being-a-center-of-predatory-publishing/

Following are  five categories of Open Interview this blog plans to cover:
*(a)* *personality interview*– interview of an individual;
*(b)** institutional interview-* where the proprietor/ caretaker shares the
success story and contributions of the institution;
*(c)* *mirror interview* – where two/three experts are interviewed with the
same set of questions and their individual answers are documented;
*(d)* *informational/ instructional interview*– where an expert guides by
answering questions concerned with ‘how’ to operate/ apply/ use/ or solve a
practical or technical issue;
*(e)* *third-party interview- *publishers/ institutions/ authors/
individuals who have conducted/ published any interviews of the
personalities belonging to education or social domains.

Congratulations Dr. Santosh Hulagabali.

Regards,

Goudar
"Access E-Resources for Academic and Research Excellence"

*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*
Dr. I.R.N. Goudar
- Adjunct Professor, Mangalore University
- Ex. Visiting Professor Cum Library Adviser
  Bangalore University Library, BANGALORE - 560056
- Ex. Visiting Professor Cum Library Adviser, UoM, Mysore
- Ex. Scientist 'G' and Head, ICAST, NAL, Bangalore
- Ex. Dy Librarian, IITM, Chennai
- Ex. Scientist (Information), IICT, Hyderabad
- Fulbright Scholar, Univ. of Michigan and Columbia Univ, USA (1995-96)
- British Council Scholar (1982-83)
  E-mail: goudarishwar at gmail.com
  Mob: 91+9611165781