[LIS-Forum] Fwd: Fw: Suggestion - For Requesting Full Text of Article

Ashok Asundi ashok_asundi at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 12:27:33 IST 2019

 Dear LIS Professionals and Dr. Goudar and others,
Thanks for suggesting sources from where Article requests our professionals  are met. But unfortunately none of them have mentioned NUCSSI - National Union Catalogue of Scientific Serials in India brought out by INSDOC now NISCAIR. Of course it covers mainly Science and Technology serials, but on the other hand it covers LIS and Management Science journals to some extent. Suggestions to to go Google Scholar and Research gate and OA Journals or  IRs is like finding needle in the haystack and some of the them cannot be downloaded instantly as I have experienced while navigating them. The NUCSSI is and Indian source and has catalogued nearly 40,000 titles from about 700Libraries in India. I have searched and  replied many  requests and  some times the journal might be available in a neighbourhood libraries and for instance it had happened in one of the instances when I replied to Dr. Francis Jayakanthan's mail. So dear librarians don't you forget and ignore such an effort made by our own documentation centre which has done a benchmark for the systematic documentation of Union  Catalogue especially  Library Codes, Holdings details and so on.  Its  web version came out in  2010. See paper  by Rekha MIttal published in  Interlending and Document SUpply, V39, pp.53-60.

Prof. A.Y.AsundiProfessor (Ret.)DLISC Bangalore University,Bangalore.