[LIS-Forum] ILA elections request to all members from Dr. Manjunath, TAPMI, Manipal

Francis Jayakanth francis at iisc.ac.in
Fri Feb 22 11:20:02 IST 2019

Dear Members, This has reference to the posting made by Dr. Manjunath, TAPMI, Manipal.

During the recent past, there have been several postings on the lis-forum campaigning for specific candidates/groups contenting  the forthcoming ILA election. As the moderator of the forum, I have intentionally NOT been approving such postings for circulation because they do not come under the purview of the lis-forum objectives. I, therefore, appeal to all the members to refrain from posing such messages on the lis-forum.

Coming back to Dr. Manjunath's posting, it is oblivious that his posting was more of an advisory in nature to the next batch of ILA office-bearers. However, what went unnoticed to me while approving the message was the trail mail, which was certainly a campaign mail. Moreover, Dr. Manjunath had Cc'ed his posting to more than 450+ email ids.

Inclusion of such large number of IDs in the Cc field should never be done. It unnecessarily increases the size of the mail and is also an irritant to the mail recipients.

As the moderator, I should have certainly not approved Dr. Manjunath's posting for both the reasons stated above, but somehow it escaped my attention.  My apologies for the same.

Members should be aware that postings meant for lis-forum should be sent exclusively to the lis-forum 'To' address. It should NOT be clubbed with othet Email IDs, either in the 'To' address or in the 'Cc" field.

With regards, Francis

Francis Jayakanth
Moderator, LIS-Forum