[LIS-Forum] Interesting Reads – 2019-02-06

Mohan Hr hrmohan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 00:33:50 IST 2019

*Interesting Reads – 2019-02-06*

*Contents*

*Articles*

   - Energy and the Information Infrastructure Part 3: The Digital 'Engines
   of Innovation' & Jevons' Delicious Paradox
   - Kojo Yakei – Industrial Sightseeing after Dark
   - Poor Sleep Makes People Poor: The Costs of India Standard Time
   - Technology that changed us: The 1970s, from Pong to Apollo
   - Visualizing How Much Countries Spend on R&D
   - Looking for WhatsApp alternatives? Signal is your best bet
   - What is Our Favorite Technology Quotations?
   - 3D metal printing cheat sheet: Printers, print methods, materials, use
   cases
   - Special report: How 5G will transform business
   - Top 10 SearchCIO videos: IT industry leaders share DX advice
   - Bonus: Choose your champion for this year’s ‘Dance Your Ph.D.’ contest!

*Events / Announcements*

   - SETS, IEEE CS, CSI, ISACA: "National Workshop on Hardware Security" at
   Chennai 26th Feb 2019
   - SPIN: Workshop on CMMI V2.0 on 2nd Mar 2019 at Chennai
   - Essentials of AV Technology for Sales Staff - Delhi , 1st March 2019

Read at
https://infoforuse.blogspot.com/2019/02/interesting-reads-2019-02-06.html

Archives at
https://infoforuse.blogspot.com/2019/01/interesting-reads-archives-2019-2018.html

*Feedback*

We will be pleased to have your feedback on the “Interesting Reads” posts
being sent once in five days.

Pl. share the links of any interesting things you come across so that we
can include them in these email posts.

Also, pl. share the email ids of your colleagues, friends, peers and
contacts, if you want them to be included in the google group to get
regular posts.

Pl. send all your communications to hrmohan.ieee at gmail.com

With regards

HR Mohan