[LIS-Forum] Venky-ISB no more.

mailman at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in mailman at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in
Sun May 27 20:19:55 IST 2018

From:    "kschudamani" <kschudamani at rediffmail.com>
Date:    Sun, May 27, 2018 11:54 am

He was a very friendly and dedicated professional looking for new and
innovative ideas to experiment with. We miss him a lot.
Chudamani

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Sathya <sathya19 at gmail.com> Date:
5/27/18  11:07  (GMT+05:30) To: lis-forum at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in Subject:
[LIS-Forum] Venky-ISB no more.
A sad Sunday. Dr. Venkateshan,  has suddenly left for his heavenly abode
this morning, leaving us.

Starting his career as a scientist (metallurgist) in IGCAR,  he made
librarianship a successful career there  and came to national prominence as
he moved up in the LIS ladder to IISc and Indian School of Business,
Hyderabad. A vibrant, fun loving and amazingly enthusiastic  person, he
made LIS his cosy and engaging professional home giving it a touch of
scholarship. A new annual seminar series, he launched and led  three years
ago along with Anil Kumar (IIM-A) is a very different and innovative model
to remember and continue after him.  I worked with him closely when
Informatics had launched  Infovision 2005, an annual event then.

We miss him. We pray for his soul to rest in peace.

--

*SATHYA*

*|*N. V. Sathyanarayana*|*Informatics India Ltd.*|*Bangalore 560004*|*INDIA
*|*