[LIS-Forum] Congraduation to Dr.Ishwar Bhat

D.V. Patwardhan patwardhanvasu at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 12:52:04 IST 2018

Kindly publish the following line in LIS-Forum:
Congradutions to Dr.Ishwar Bhat. Glad to learn that Dr.Maligemane Ishwar Bhat is promoted as Pro Vice-Chancellor of Presidency University, Bangalore. I know Dr.Bhat ever since we were hostelmates in "Subrahmanya Sadana", Mangalore during 1973-74. In 1974 he more to Bengaluru to join MLIS in Bangalore University. As there were not adequate faculty in the Dept. of Library Science, Bangalore University at that time, Dr.Bhat was fortunate enough to have Prof.G.Bhattacharya, Prof.Neelmeghan and Dr.M.A.Gpinath as teachers.
Dr.Bhat is a dynamic person and had aptitude for learning new knowledge and skills all along his life and this perhaps took him this height. Dr.Bhat has a simple and friendly personality. I wish him all the success in the years to come.
With regards,D.Vasudeva PatwardhanSr.Librarian (Rtd.) GAT, Bengaluru.