[LIS-Forum] Talk on management of print and e-journals in academic libraries

Vimal Kumar V. vimal0212 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:30:01 IST 2018

Dear Friends,
Collection of Periodicals is very important for any academic library.
Management of periodicals in academic libraries is one of the complex
processes.
Library professionals are facing so many issues in periodicals management;
space, staff, computer with internet facility, finance, subscription of
related subject, circulation etc.

Kerala Library Association-Kottayam Region and Mahatma Gandhi University
Library jointly organise a talk and interactive session on Management of
Print and E-journals in Academic Libraries at the Seminar Hall of Mahatma
Gandhi University Library at 10:30 AM on 27 June 2018.

The following topics will be covered in the session:

    • Issues in the print and e-journals acquisition
    • Financial management
    • Selection tools for periodicals
    • How to deal with suppliers and agents
    • Recording system for periodicals
    • Archival of back volumes
    • Furniture and equipment for periodical section
    • Preparation of current periodicals list
    • Document delivery services from periodical section

Resource Person:
Sri. Unnikrishnan S.
Deputy Librarian
Mahatma Gandhi University Library

27 June 2018, 10:30 AM

Venue:
Seminar Hall
Mahatma Gandhi University Library

No registration fee.

Registration form
https://goo.gl/forms/CdquvWcibc4a6AZF2

Contact Number: 9846496323

We cordially invite all library professionals to the program.

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Technical Assistant

My Home Page: http://www.vimalkumar.info
My Blogs: http://linuxhalwa.blogspot.com http://kohageek.blogspot.in
http://dspacegeek.blogspot.in http://moovandan.blogspot.in

"I forget what I was taught. I only remember what I have learnt"
-Patrick White