[LIS-Forum] INFLIBNET appontment

Vasumathi Sriganesh (QMed) vasu at qmedkf.org.in
Sat Dec 22 18:21:20 IST 2018

The National Library of Medicine is one of the large library systems in the
world. The current Director Patricia Flatley Brennan holds a Masters Degree
in Nursing and a  PhD in industrial engineering! A previous long term
Director was Dr Donald Lindberg who was a doctor - an MD in Pathology, but
also taught Information Sciences.
Dr SRR was a pioneer - he created the library profession.

As others have said, I agree it is not the qualification alone but their
contributions to such systems as a whole. I also agree that there must be
transparency in selection and everyone needs to  know how and why one is
selected - this applies to any major position

Just my opinion. I value differences in opinions.

Vasumathi Sriganesh
QMed Knowledge Foundation
A-3, Shubham Center, Cardinal Gracious Road
Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai 400099, India
Tel: 91-22-40054474    Mob: +919867292230
Email: vasu at qmed.ngo  Web:www.qmed.ngo
MMC Speaker Code - MMC/MASS/00030/2016
Member: Academy of Health Professions Education