[LIS-Forum] Quality in Research Publications - our role

Dr. J. K. Vijayakumar vjkjk at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 16 14:11:23 IST 2017

This news, if true, is alarming to all (UGC’s approved journal list has 111 more predatory journals) http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/science/ugcs-approved-journal-list-has-111-more-predatory-journals/article19677830.ece

Unfortunately in many studies and reports, India came on top in numbers of such practices. It is a matter of shame that Government measures to prevent any attempts to bring down quality of research and dissemination, are not proven to be well thought and strategical.

I have also noticed, in addition to predatory journals, predatory conferences are also being organised in such a huge quantity. I request library professionals and organisations, who have got a big role to play in keeping the quality in scholarly communication, to keep the academic community informed about such practices and keep away ourselves from publicizing such journals and conferences.