[LIS-Forum] ORCID (Dr Ramesh C Gaur)

nikesh nikeshn at gmail.com
Sun May 21 14:18:51 IST 2017

Dear friends,

As Dr. Gaur pointed out making awareness about the advantages of ORCID
among faculty and researchers is the most important step. There are many
other integration options for ORCID apart from integrating with
Institutional repository software. In our university we use it for the
following purposes.

1. Harvest faculty/researchers publications to E-prints (IR)
2. We  harvest all information such as publications, previous employment,
educational qualifications, funding etc. of faculty members in XML format
and use it for multiple purposes such as
- Research reporting to external agencies and government
- Updating faculty pages in our website
- Collect SCOPUS and Researcher ID of a researcher

As vijayakumar mentioned, KAUST has also done wonderful implementations
using ORCID and this was our main inspiration to start our project.
http://repository.kaust.edu.sa/kaust/handle/10754/55692

Please see a presentation uploaded by ORCID Inc. regarding Khalifa
University  project on ORCID implementation  at
https://www.slideshare.net/ORCIDSlides/orcid-khalifa-university

Best regards

Nikesh

*Nikesh Narayanan *I Systems & e-Librarian I

Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research
<http://www.kustar.ac.ae/>

PO Box 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Mobile : +971507097346