[LIS-Forum] ORCID at MIT

vinod mishra mishravk79 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 23:00:11 IST 2017

Dear Sir,

Nice to read your encouraging emails always, There are several questions in
my mind in this regard as follows:

1. In India How many big/renowned Libraries are using ORCID compatible
version of Dspace?
2. Librarians are taking efforts to upgrade their old and obsolete DSpace?
3. How many Librarians have their own ORCID ID's and they attempted to
organize user education programme in their Institutes?
4. How many libraries are following the open access policy to global
visibility of their research output through DSpace/Eprint etc?

I can say first Libraries in India needs to upgrade their technology and
understand it, few peoples are keen to share their capability but more LIS
professionals needs to be keen for getting the shared knowledge. We need
more dedication to enhance our services which is lacking at present.

Above are my views only and i may be also lacking in above but always eager
to share whatever i have !

With Regards,

Vinod Kumar Mishra,
Assistant Librarian,
Biju Patnaik Central Library (BPCL),
NIT Rourkela,
Sundergadh-769008,
Odisha,
India.
Mob:91+9439420860
Website: http://mishravk.com/

*"Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical
relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul" -- Mahatma
Gandhi*