[LIS-Forum] Regarding language codes in bibliographic entry

Suresh Kumar Tejomurtula tejoskumar at gmail.com
Wed May 3 18:28:21 IST 2017

Hi,

Under language codes of 008/35-37 and also under 041$a I added language
code. for eg: tel for Telugu language. But I do not see any difference to
the view of the record, except that the marc tags contains that values.

Adding these fields data will enable library team to understand the
language of the material.

My question is, How will the users of the OPAC, who do not know about marc
language codes will understand the item language, if not updated any where
like in 546$a.

Also I wanted to know how other libraries are updating the language of the
material in koha while entering bibliographic details apart from entering
the details in 546$a.

Iam asking this question specific to koha.
--
Regards
T. Suresh Kumar