[LIS-Forum] How to justify the librarian post for the institution

RIZWAN SHEIKH riz_cusmc at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 29 10:18:40 IST 2017

Dear sir,
SPA is an institute of national importance. Librarian of such institute and Universities is at par with the post of Director. It is approved by the UGC and MHRD.
You can show the circular GR of UGC available on the UGC website.
You can also study the role and responsibility of this post available on the website of different institute.
You can also defend that if this post will be abolished  there will be no systematic and careful development, storage and retrieval, preservation, management and control on the the learning resource of the institute.
I/c of the Library with  lower designation will be dominated by the faculties and there will be no standard operating procedures in the library.
Librarian of the institute has work with the higher authorities like registrar, Director and VC. He also need to control and manage the smooth functioning of such institute and tackle the highly qualified faculties.
Further the students who get the admissions in such institute will be topper and with high intellectual level.
If the I/c with lower designation or lower intellectual capacity will be appointed, even the students will not be in the control and there will be no discipline.
Due to the improper selection of the resource students/faculties will not get proper learning material.
Further he has to deal with publisher and subordinate staff also.
Please study more about the role and responsibility. If the Librarian really wants to work he will never remain free.
Today I am not free here to write the above but as this step is very dangerous not only to our profession but also for the institute / university it can be represented properly.
In future the same thing can happen in other institute / university also.

Thanks
From : (Rizwan Sheikh)LibrarianITM SAAD