[LIS-Forum] Clarification from Forum administrator

Prahalad G Tadasad pgtadasad at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:14:54 IST 2017

Dear Francis

My intention was not to hurt anybody's feelings. I was just referring to
the point that new year wishes were posted (as you pointed out in the form
of messages). I am really sorry.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Francis Jayakanth <
franc at library.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:

> > Since it is a matter of professional interest I don't think why it
> > shouldn't be posted here.
>
> Yes, agreed.
>
> >Anyway on occasions festival wishes n seasons wishes are also posted
> >here.
>
> This statement is not correct. No festive greetings and wishes are being
> approved for circulation on this forum for a very long time now unless
> such contents are part of the regular messages/replies.
>
> Best, Francis
>
> Moderator, LIS-Forum
>
> JRD Tata Memorial Library
> IISc, Bengaluru-560012
>

> > On Feb 1, 2017 22:38, "Pardeep Rai" <raipardeep at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear sir/ Madam
> > Kindly clarify whether the  Library standards of BIS can be posted in
> > forum
> > for taking opinion of the professional. If , so then being member of one
> > of
> > the Committee of BIS may i post the same.
> >
> > --
> >
> > -
> >
> > *Thanks & Regards*
> >

> > Dr.Pardeep Rai
> > Librarian, Maitreyi College( University of Delhi ) I  ChanakyaPuri  New
> > Delhi-110021
> > Email: raipardeep at gmail.com  I   M:9899359373 I
> >
> > --
> > believed to be clean.

Prof. P. G. Tadasad
Professor and Chairman
Department of Library and Information Science,
Special Officer to Vice Chancellor and
Director Gandhi Studies Center
Karnataka State Women's University,
Jnanashakti, Torvi Vijayapura 586108

Tel: 08352 229012 (O); 08352 240021 (O); 08352 272 436 (R);
Mobile: 09448180973 (M)

E-mil: pgtadasad at gmail.com