[LIS-Forum] 125th Birthday Celebration of SRR by MyDLIS and MILAN tomorrow - INVITATION

Sunil MV sunilmysore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 12:44:45 IST 2017

Dear Professional Friends and My Dear MyDLIS MILANer,

Greetings from Mysuru!

August 12 of this year is special for Indian library and information
professionals.  It is the 125th birth anniversary of the great soul of
India, Dr. S.R. Ranganathan.  But for him, the LIS profession in India
would not have been what it is now.  His birthday is celebrated as
Librarians’ Day.

The Department of Studies in Library and Information Science, University of
Mysore (MyDLIS), Mysuru, along with Mysore Information and Library Alumni
Network (MILAN) has organized an event to celebrate the 125th Birth
Anniversary of Dr. SRR at the Department of Library and Information
Science, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysuru on Saturday, August
12, 2017 at 11:00 AM.

Dr. K.S. Raghavan, Retd Professor, University of Madras will deliver a
special lecture on Ranganathan.  Dr. G. Venkatesh Kumar, Professor of
Psychology, University of Mysore, Mysore will be the Chief Guest.  Prof.
Mallinath Kumbar, Chairman & Professor, Department of Library and
Information Science, University of Mysore will preside over the function.

You are cordially invited.

Let’s pay our tribute to SRR by our participation in Birthday Celebration
happening at MyDLIS. Bring your fellow professionals also.

Happy Librarians Day 2017 in Advance :)

With fond regards,

​Sunil
--