[LIS-Forum] Shifting of the SRELS office

franc at library.iisc.ernet.in franc at library.iisc.ernet.in
Tue May 3 12:53:13 IST 2016

----------Original message ---------------
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:41:48 +0530 (IST)
From: "K.S. Raghavan" <ksragav at hotmail.com>

Owing to severe financial constraints, the Trustees of the Sarada
Ranganathan Endowment for Library Science (SRELS) have decided to shift
the physical office of the premises to a smaller location from 30th April
2016. It is a hard decision for the Endowment, as its office had become
the meeting point for all the LIS professionals. The Endowment will,
however, continue to function with its major activities, including the
publication of the SRELS journal of Information Management and holding of
the Endowment Lectures.

Letters and other communications to SRELS should henceforth be sent to:

Dr. K. S. Raghavan
Member-Secretary,
Sarada Ranganathan Endowment for Library Science
G-1 Oasis Residency, Rose Garden Road, J.P. Nagar 5th Phase,
Bangalore 560078

E-mails may please be sent to: ksragav at hotmail.com with copy to:
srelsbangalore at yahoo.co.in

SRELS Journal of Information Management

Dr. Ranganathan started this journal in 1965. Rated among the top-5 LIS
journals from India, it stands out to this date as the leading
peer-reviewed journal of the profession. The publishing activity of the
Journal was transferred to Informatics (India) Ltd., Bangalore, two years
ago. Endowment continues to control and manage the editorial operations to
maintain and ensure the quality of the Journal. We have come out with
50-years of archive of this journal from volume-1. The Journal is
completely online with publishing process going online completely.

Authors wanting to submit papers for publication in the SRELS Journal of
Information Management should submit the papers online at www.srels.org

All subscription related enquiries should be sent to:

The Circulation Department,
SRELS Journal of Information Management
Informatics (India) Ltd.,
194, R. V. Road, Basavanagudi
Bangalore - 560 004
e-mail: ssp at informaticsglobal.com

On behalf of the Board of Trustees of the SRELS, I would like to place on
record our sincere appreciation and gratitude to Dr. K. N. Prasad,
Executive Officer of SRELS for ably managing the affairs of the Endowment
all these years. I would also like to thank the excellent services
rendered by our office staff members, Ms. S.K. Lalitha, Ms. S. Chitradevi
and Sri M.Ravi (aka Lakshmegowda).

The spirit of Ranganathan continues to drive SRELS, an endowment he
created from his lifetime savings. I appeal to the members to continue to
support SRELS in all respects.

Dr. K. S. Raghavan
Member-Secretary,