[LIS-Forum] 7th pay report and role of library policy makers/leaders?

vinod mishra mishravk79 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:13:07 IST 2016

Dear All,

Nice for taking many initiative regarding improvement of pay and i observe
previously also many have taken in this regard but the result is not much
fruitful as reflected by the report of 7th CPC (
http://7cpc.india.gov.in/pdf/sevencpcreport.pdf  (Page number 232) )
neither any up-gradation of staff of group B/C/D has been recommended by
7th CPC as reflected in the latest gazette notification (
http://www.igecorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/7th-pay-commission-gazette-notification.pdf
, page 18)

Many professional discussion i have seen on social media too and observed
mostly the discussion was related to the group "A" staff . I personally
feel and found there is variety of post nomenclature among library staffs
on the same pay scale and it creates problem too for decision makers at the
time of deciding the pay scales. Library association and policy makers must
think from the low level of staff structure and uniformity in their
designations too.

Further, You may suggest your views to UGC as per notification at (
http://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/2415887_UGC_Notice_PRC_English-(1).pdf) and
feedback can be given to many people who is considered to be leader of LIS,
But what about the other professionals who does not comes under the UGC,
therefore i suggest to send such recommendations to all autonomous
bodies/institutes too like council of IIT/NIT, IIM, CSIR, DRDO, ISRO etc.

Thanking You.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 3:55 PM, shabahat husain <shabahat12 at rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear friends,
> In view of the  UGC Pay Review Committee notice (F.No.1-3/2016(PS/PRC),
> dated 18-07-2016,
> (http://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/2415887_UGC_Notice_PRC_English-(1).pdf) the
> Indian Library Association
> (ILA) seeks opinions/suggestions from the Library Science Professionals
> from all over India. So that, a
> consolidated draft may be submitted to the ‘Pay Review Committee’ for
> consideration.
> The suggestions may be sent to the following ID’s as early as possible:
> 1.      shabahat12 at rediffmail.com
> 2.      raipardeep at gmail.com
> Thanks
> Prof. Shabahat Husain
> President, Indian Library Association
>

> Prof Shabahat Husain
> President, Indian Library Association
> Govt. of India nominee on;
> i Governing body of National Museum Allahabad     ii Khuda Baksh Oriental
> Public Library.
> iii Member of University Court Allahabad Univ.
> Ex-Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, AMU
> Ex-University Librarian,AMU
> Postal Address:
> Chairperson, Deptt. of Library & Information Sc.
> A.M.U.Aligarh (U.P.) 202002
> E.Mail: shabahat12 at rediffmail.com
> Mobile: 09412177121
> --
> believed to be clean.

*With Regards,Vinod Kumar Mishra,Assistant Librarian,Biju Patnaik Central
Library (BPCL),*

*NIT Rourkela,*

*Sundergadh-769008,*

*Odisha,*