[LIS-Forum] KV Pattom Library launches 'Read my Buddy', a collaborative peer reading programme

S.L. Faisal slfaizal at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 07:50:40 IST 2016

Dear All,

I am happy to inform you all that the Library of Kendriya Vidyalaya
Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram has launched 'Read my Buddy', a
collaborative peer reading initiative.

ABOUT 'READ MY BUDDY'

‘Read my Buddy‘ (RmB) is a collaborative reading programme aimed at
transforming moderate readers into fervent readers and helping them to
become better learners, through mentoring by peers and teachers.

Objectives
1. To transform moderate readers into fervent readers through a guided
and collaborative reading approach.
2. To understand and assess the reading habit and skills of a student
through creating a Reading profile.
3. To find and apply strategies to improve the reading and learning
skills of a moderate reader who also may be a slow learner.
4. To provide personalized learning support to all participants by
seamlessly giving access to required information resources available
in and outside the library.
5. To collaborate with teachers for mentoring the participants and
make them perform better in scholastic and non-scholastic areas.
6. To promote collaborative learning in a library oriented learning environment.
7. To make reading an enjoyable and lifelong activity by connecting
two likeminded people.

To know more, visit the Project Blog https://readmybuddy.wordpress.com

Presentation for mentors
http://www.slideshare.net/slfaisal/read-my-buddy-peer-reading-programme-project-highlights

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

   S.L.Faisal
   Librarian
   Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pattom
   Thiruvananthapuram-695 004