[LIS-Forum] Information to be posted on LIS-Forum

bbramesha B bbramesha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:19:56 IST 2016

Dear Respected Prof. Shabahat Husain,

Thanks for your kind mail and posting in LIS forum. I take this opportunity
to congratulate you for elected as President of ILA for the year 2016-2019.

Personally I know Prof.P.B.Mangla a renowned international scholar in LIS
since my student and research scholar days and done
very commendable and extensive work in LIS.
At the same time I have closely observed since last one decade which I have
been associated with in all ILA activities, conferences, penal discussions
etc., under the able President's of Dr. C.R. Karisiddappa, Dr.D.V. Sing,
Dr. K Sukla, Prof. M. Koganurmath and Madam Prof. (Dr.) Ashu Shokeen.

My humble submission and request is that all the govt. funded projects,
fellowships etc. and the outcome of the project reports should be made
available under Creative Commons licence - Open Access.

I sincerely request Prof. P.B. Mangala and RRRLF the published report
should made accessible under open access with CC licence.

with high regards,

Prof. Ramesha

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 3:44 PM, shabahat husain <shabahat12 at rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> I am glad to inform all Library Professionals that the following
> publication authored by
> Prof.P.B.Mangla,is now available for study and research:-
> Public Library Service in Delhi: Present Status and Development Plan
> 2010-2020.
> It is in two Parts:
> Part One: Project Report-2012
> Part Two: Need for Public Library Service in Delhi: Citizen's Response
> 2011: Survey
> Report-2012. Kolkata, Raja Ram Mohan Roy Library Foundation,2015. i-x,487
> p.
>
> This publication is the out come of the Research Project carried out by
> the author in his
> capacity as the Tagore National Fellow, Raja Ram Mohan Roy Library
> Foundation (Kolkata)
> under the Ministry of Culture (Government of India). It is a comprehensive
> and analytical study
> about the status of Public Library service in the National Capital
> Territory(NCT) of
> Delhi and contains Development Plan for a period of 10 years. It also
> contains a Survey Report
> about the Citizens' Response for the need for Public Library service which
> has been conducted for
> the first time in the NCT of Delhi.
>
> About the Author:
>
> Prof.P.B.Mangla
> Tagore National Fellow
> (Govt.of India Ministry of Culture)
> Earlier:
> University of Delhi:
> Dean, Faculty of Arts;
> Chairman,Bd.of Research Studies(H);
> Head, Dept.of Lib.& Information Sc.Delhi University, Delhi
> UNESCO Expert
> Contact :9810310151
>

> Regards:
>
> Prof.Shabahat Husain
> Chairman, Deptt. of Library and Information Science, AMU, Aligarh,
> Coordinator (D.R.S Programme),
> Ex.Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, AMU, Aligarh,
> President elect, Indian Library Association, New Delhi.
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

Dr. Ramesha
Professor
Dept. of Library and Information Science
Bangalore University
Jnana Bharathi Campus
BANGALORE - 560 056
Phone: Mobile 09481246961