[LIS-Forum] DSpace-5.4 Installation File

Dp Tripathi dptnitrkl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:51:54 IST 2016

Please ignore the previous message and post this message only.

---------------

Dear All,

After a rigorous effort, I could install DSpace-5.4 on LUbuntu-14.04 LTS
version. The main problem I was facing with Tomcat (apt-get install
tomcat7). After successful installation of DSpace-5.4 also, the tomcat was
not starting and it was getting off after some time. Some PID issued was
there.

So, I changed the tomcat version and switched over to Version 8.0. I
installed it manually and configured.

I have prepared a document of Installation of DSpace-5.4 on Lubunu-14.04
LTS version.
You can download this at www.dptripathi.in/install/dspace.pdf

Hope this will be useful to all who wish to install DSpace and use it in
establishing the Digital Library in their Institute.

Thanks with regards,

*Dhanwantari Prakash Tripathi*
Assistant Librarian
Biju Patnaik Central Library <http://library.nitrkl.ac.in>