[LIS-Forum] Remembrance of Basavegowda-Retired Librarian and HOD of Library and Information Science, V.V Puram College of Science

Dr. B. RAVIIVVENKAT basralravi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:58:12 IST 2016

Many of our Professionals may not be aware of the Sad Demise of Prof.
Basavegowda on July 20th 2016. Retired Librarian and HOD of Library and
Information Science, V.V. Puram college of Science, Bengaluru.   Sir was
instrumental in starting BLISc regular course in the college. This was the
only

BLISc full time course ran for nearly two decades , till his retirement,
2007. Hundreds of the students were benefited by this course.   Under his
guidance many working librarians did the  BLISc course. A humble and sense
of humour person who gave opportunity for many  budding teachers also.
Today many of his students are Librarians in Govt. First Grade Colleges ,
Karnataka.  He gave me an opportunity to teach for BLISc course from 2002
to 2007. I hope our professional  association(Karnataka State College
Librarians Association) going to remember his service (A former KSCLA ,
Secretary and one of the pillar of the KSCLA)  in the association.

Dr. B. Raviivvenkat
Deputy Librarian
University Library
Tumkur University, Tumakuru-572103.
 Joint-Secretary. KULA
Secretary, TUDLA, Tumakuru , Co-ordinator Shodhaganga