[LIS-Forum] India is among the leaders in predatory publishing

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Oct 19 20:07:57 IST 2015

  Ishwar Goudar <goudarishwar at googlemail.com> write

> Predatory journals are a big menace in scholarly publication activity.

  Really? OK, it's a problem for scholarly publication but the
  more acute problem is toll-gated publication where people don't
  get access to scholarly output because they can't afford the toll.

> The report quoted by Prof. Arun 'India is second only to Nigeria in
> publishing Predatory Journals' is a disturbing news

  I don't think so. Somebody has figured out how to make money
  out of silly academics. It's a legal business opportunity.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel