[LIS-Forum] India is among the leaders in predatory publishing

Satish Munnolli smunnolli at actrec.gov.in
Mon Oct 19 09:52:00 IST 2015

We often receive queries at our centre from scientists about identifying authenticity / credibility of OA journals.
There is a list of questionable publishers and journals by Jeffrey Beall available on open platform. Please refer the below link.

http://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/

We suggest our scientists to refer / cross verify with the list before considering any journal for publishing their research.  At times, we also find it difficult to identify the credentials of a journal, when the journal is listed both in Jeffrey's list and the same is indexed in Journal Citation Report of Thomson Reuters with high impact factor!

Regards,

Satish Munnolli
ACTREC