[LIS-Forum] India is among the leaders in predatory publishing

Murari Tapaswi tapaswimurari at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 09:35:02 IST 2015

I disagree Dr. Guruprasad's view that the authors have no option to publish
in good journals. There are many good journals in every discipline that do
not have publication charges but stringent quality control methods. Large
number of authors, however, do not have patience to keep responding to
reviewers comments and work more on improving the quality of their
publications. And predatory journals come to their solace.

Any way, though slow, UGC is in a process of putting in place a list of
such journals (mostly Beals list) -  the news (at
http://www.punemirror.in/pune/civic/Keep-out-of-bogus-journals-SPPU-tells-researchers/articleshow/48089848.cms)
first
brought to the notice on this forum by Siva Shankar Kimidi on 19 July.
Let's believe things would improve.

If the research management is strict with the quality things improve. See
the jump in the graph from 2004 of one such organization at
http://www.nio.org/index/option/com_subcategory/task/show/title/Research%20Contributions/tid/1/sid/19/thid/58

Regards, - Tapaswi

Regards, - Tapaswi

डॉ. मुरारी तपस्वी,४, सिंगबाळ बिल्डींग, टोंका, करंझाळे, 403002 गोवा, भारत
Dr. Murari Tapaswi, 4 Singbal Bldg, Tonca, Caranzale, 403002 Goa, India
फोन/ Phone: 0832-2462953; 9763341967
भेट द्या/ visit: http://muraritapaswi.blogspot.in