[LIS-Forum] Install Linux Software with Single File....

Dp Tripathi dptnitrkl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 23:48:06 IST 2015

Dear All,

I prefer using Linux than Windows most of the time and found myself
comfortable as I like to float over the keyboard in typing commands one
after another. I find with every new installation of Linux that I have to
go with installation of the same bunch of software through terminal and for
which either I have to depend on my memory for commands or the documents
for installation. To get rid of this, I created one ‘sh’ file with all the
necessary software commands for installing all the software one after
another in Lubuntu/Ubuntu.

I am sharing this information to just help the professionals who find
difficult in installing the software after new installation of
Lubuntu/Ubuntu.

To use this file, first download the file from here…..

www.librarianguide.co.in/linuxcommand.sh
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.librarianguide.co.in%2Flinuxcommand.sh&h=RAQFBl7aJAQFjd3AtHdDVCnBm4zbPBNw3Eywktwc2mK_jaQ&enc=AZP8ti6-eYA9JVhDL5eFEMLjkQKD1XeNYc-v34uG95469MO_hF62gu6NtNDa7tY4HICBCbuxTQQYG2AA-ITCdb90dJcwVk7_SJm6wbgonHJN7U4jJIuHgrsEk5Z31TM4qNJ6fXqOKyco4FobKORJpLl72HMpd_i78hiIGZKbLho8vYpoYQ85Lt277XJBKWnpBWFotm6fmdDj0Y6bbOtCGwGb&s=1>

Just copy this file at Desktop of (Lubuntu/Ubuntu) or wherever you wish and
assign the privilege with ‘chmod’ command. I assume you have copied this
file at Desktop.

Desktop# chmod +x linuxcommand.sh

Desktop# ./linuxcommand.sh

It will start installing the software. Just keep watching terminal and
provide your input wherever necessary.

What it does actually……

1. It updates the system first
2. It will install the putty software so that you can connect other system
through ssh
3. It will install gedit (editor) software for editing the files. It will
not be effective in server edition of any linux.
4. It will install the Ubuntu Restricted Extras
5. It will install Cairo Dock
6. It will install Flash Plugin which will be helpful in playing the flash
videos
7. It will install the plank software which will allow you to keep the
application icon for easy use of different software
8. It will install VLC media player to play the videos
9. It will install the tweak software to remove the unnecessary files from
your system
10. It will install the software to create the iso image of your system.
Once everything installed successfully, your system is ready to use these
software.

Hope this will be useful for everyone!

Thanks

-