[LIS-Forum] Any one is using Koha software with multi-tenancy facility

Upadhyay P K pku at nic.in
Fri May 8 11:40:57 IST 2015

Dear Mr Senthil Kumar,

In 2013 Department of Culture (Government of India) initiated National Virtual Library on the recommendations of National Mission on Libraries. They contacted NIC to provide infrastructure and implement the project for all Public Libraries and Government libraries in first instance. NIC developed and shown a prototype using multiple instances of KOHA, DSpace, VuFind and Drupal for the purpose. But  change of Government at Centre and management at DOC left all these in limbo.  Actual implementation could not take place. As written by Dr Goudar and others, I would also agree that technically it is possible to create multi-tenancy.

Installing Multiple Instances of Koha:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Installing_Multiple_Instances_of_Koha
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-multiple-instance-td5758848.html
http://kohageek.blogspot.in/2013/08/installing-multiple-instances-of-koha.html