[LIS-Forum] Do We Need Libraries?

Vasumathi Sriganesh (QMed) vasu at qmedkf.org.in
Thu Apr 30 12:02:39 IST 2015

Dear Sandeepji and fellow librarians

My personal answer to the thoughts in the article in the link is "Yes we
need libraries". Having said that - the entity called "a library" and the
person called "the librarian" can face dramatic changes in the years to
come. And it is important for all of us to keep watching and adapting with
times.

To younger colleagues - I would say - it is important to see that with the
skills you have acquired and the skills you should keep on acquiring, you
should be more and more employable - whatever a library and a librarian are
going to become

I personally believe - that every librarian should get better and better in
a subject of choice, and then develop great research skills - whether for
academics or for business. And of course be a great manager of resources.

Just my thoughts!

Best wishes to all

Vasumathi Sriganesh
QMed Knowledge Foundation
(Trust - Reg No: E-24663)
A-3, Shubham Centre, Cardinal Gracious Road
Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai 400099
Tel: 91-22-40054474    Mob: +919867292230
Web: www.qmed.org.in <http://www.qmedkf.org.in/>   www.indianmedicalsites.in

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Sandeep Bhavsar <sandeep.bhavsar at gmail.com