[LIS-Forum] DRTC Student Seminar

drtc at isibang.ac.in drtc at isibang.ac.in
Wed Sep 10 11:05:32 IST 2014

INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE
Documentation Research & Training Centre
8th Mile, Mysore Road, RVCE Post
Bangalore, 560 059

DRTC Seminar – 2

ONTOLOGY  MAPPING

ABSTRACT
Ontology was introduced to achieve interoperability across heterogeneous
systems. Now we have a number of  ontologies with various granularity and
objectives. For example in Biomedical or Bio-informatics domain, there are
around 120 ontologies. Problem is to aggregate them to a particular place
to achieve more flexibility. Ontology-mapping plays the key role to
integrate different distributed and heterogeneous ontologies. We need
different mapping tools and systems to re-use the existing ontologies. In
this seminar, we will talk about fundamental concepts of ontology-mapping,
features and effectiveness of different ontology-mapping tools.

Speaker: Samhati Soor, MSLIS Student
Date	: 	11.09.2014.
Time	: 2	p.m.
Venue :	 DRTC, ISI Bangalore.