[LIS-Forum] [Koha] e-books management with Koha @ NIT Rourkela

Vinod Kumar Mishra vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Thu Oct 16 09:01:40 IST 2014

Hello Indranil,

Thank you! The idea is we/many libraries (Just they provide links to many websites/excel sheet etc.) are subscribing e-books from different venders/publishers so to access the resources they need to visit different publishers website. We are just bringing all the purchased/subscribed resources in one platform with Koha, so that users can have access all the e-books from single point of access rather than visiting many websites which automatically enhance the usages of e-books and satisfying users subject requirement from single point of access.

As far as statistics are concern we are using concern publishers website to get the same and hope it will be much better due to implementation of such things, however on Koha website hit counter help us to know number of visitors.

Please let me know if you have any more idea on the same so that we can incorporate it for better utilization of highly priced resources.

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 08:24:39 +0530 Indranil Das Gupta  wrote
>Hi Vinod,

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Vinod Kumar Mishra

 wrote:

> Dear All,

> We are managing NIT Rourkela e-books collections with Koha, ILMS. It is very simple and useful for the enhancement of usages statistics of electronic resources.

A quick query - since your records do not have items associated (and

hence no actual "circulation"), how exactly are you deriving usage

stats for the electronic resources using Koha? Can you elaborate?

thanks

-idg

--

Indranil Das Gupta

Phone :+91-98300-20971

Blog  : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog

IRC   : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net

Twitter :indradg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Please exchange editable Office documents only in ODF Format. No other

format is acceptable. Support Open Standards.

For a free editor supporting ODF, please visit LibreOffice -

http://www.documentfoundation.org

With regards,
Vinod Kumar Mishra,
Assistant Librarian,