[LIS-Forum] Fwd: Peer library

Murari Tapaswi tapaswimurari at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 08:25:25 IST 2014

Dear All,
After my retirement as a Librarian, I decided to get in to similar exercise
on an individual basis. While on the job, I realized, lot of good work
(research) is being done at the laboratories in India but that does not
reach to the attention of general public. English news papers in India, at
least, give some publicity to interesting research results but the readers
in regional languages have least chance to get exposed to such work. This
is because there is no space available in print media nor there are as many
writers who can contribute.

As a professional librarian, I thought, I have acquired skills to
comprehend the research work in simple language and that I can put that in
my mother tongue (Marathi). My experiment in about a couple of years has
yielded 26 articles. These are published in Marathi news papers, magazines
and finally on my blog at http://muraritapaswi.blogspot.in/. (I realized
that the readers for print and electronic media are different). There is an
encouraging response (especially feedback after publishing in print media)
that fuels in finding and writing on new topic!

Based on my experience, I feel librarians can take this as a routine
activity and can do this. Only difficulty is finding a place to get it
published (it is quite frustrating because the media does not respond on
acceptance or rejection of article - and once you give up, it appears!) -
you get to know from feedback.

Regards, - Tapaswi

डॉ. मुरारी तपस्वी,४, सिंगबाळ बिल्डींग, टोंका, करंझाळे, 403002 गोवा, भारत
Dr. Murari Tapaswi, 4 Singbal Bldg, Tonca, Caranzale, 403002 Goa, India
फोन/ Phone: 0832-2462953; 9763341967
भेट द्या/ visit: http://muraritapaswi.blogspot.in