[LIS-Forum] CSI / IEEE CS & PCS -- Student Essay Contest -- Harnessing the Power of ICT for our New Initiatives

Mohan Hr hrmohan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:21:36 IST 2014

Dear all,

Pl. find an announcement relating to a Student Essay Contest on the
theme "Harnessing the Power of ICT for our New Initiatives".

The contest is open to STUDENTS of schools and colleges and will be
conducted in TWO streams.

A participant can submit ONE essay on any one the following three topics.

ICT for Digital India
ICT for Make in India
ICT for Clean India

If you are a student, you may directly participate in this contest.

If you are a parent, you may encourage your children or children of
your colleagues, friends, neighbors to participate in this contest.

If you are a faculty you may encourage your students to participate in
this contest.

Pl. feel free to share this email to all who will be interested in
participating in this contest.

For more details & complete brochure, please visit the website:
http://goo.gl/FziCmK

For clarifications / queries if any, please email us at essay.csi at gmail.com

Best Wishes
HR Mohan
President, CSI
Chairman, IEEE CS & PCS

ANNOUNCEMENT
================================

Computer Society of India, Chennai Chapter
IEEE Computer Society, Madras
IEEE Professional Communication Society, Madras

Announces
Student Essay Contest

on the theme
Harnessing the Power of ICT for our New Initiatives

Computer Society of India, Chennai Chapter, in association with the
IEEE Computer Society, Madras and IEEE Professional Communication
Society,  is pleased to announce an Essay Contest on the role of
Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in India for school and
college students. The contest will be in two streams:

Stream 1: Open to School Students (from 8th Standard to Plus 2)
Stream 2: Open to College Students (UG students of all disciplines)

Now ICT has ubiquitous presence in India and other parts of the world,
and it is being applied in various fields such as Manufacturing,
Banking & Finance, Telecom, Healthcare, Hospitality, Transportation,
Education, Agriculture, Environment,  eGovernance, eCommerce, and
Defence for quality and productivity improvements. India is a major
force in the global IT landscape. ICT is a key driver of our economic
development and accounts for about 6.5% of our GDP and provides
employments to over 3 million people. The Government of India has
recently launched three major initiatives - Digital India, Make in
India, and Clean India, in which ICT can - and should - play
significant roles. Through this contest, we seek your thoughts,
innovative ideas and solutions on how ICT could support and help these
initiatives.

An eligible participant is required to submit his/her essay on any
one of the following topics by 31st Dec 2014:

ICT for Digital India
ICT for Make in India
ICT for Clean India

Submissions will be assessed by a panel of experts on criteria such as
originality, novelty, applicability, potential value of the proposed
idea(s) and clarity and style of presentation.

The contest winners in each stream will be awarded the following
prizes & certificates:

One 1st Prize:  Rs.10000
Two 2nd Prizes:  Rs. 5000 of each
Four 3rd Prizes:  Rs. 2500 of each
Ten Consolation Prizes: Amazon gift voucher of Rs. 1000 each
Certificate of Merit: For 25 shortlisted essays over and the above
prize winning essays

For more details & complete brochure, please visit the website:
http://goo.gl/FziCmK

For clarifications / queries if any, please email us at essay.csi at gmail.com

The essay contest is supported by:
Dynamic Group
Anjana Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd
HP Networking
Cognitive Platform Solutions (CPS) Pvt Ltd
Orbit Innovations
and
CloudReign Technologies