[LIS-Forum] Career Advancement Scheme for Librarians under the UGC Scheme

Pardeep Rai raipardeep at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:01:03 IST 2014

Dear sir
kindly go through the see UGC regulation 2010, where clearly mentioned the
tables for CAS of Librarians.
see page 122
APPENDIX – III: TABLE –VII
ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (APIs) AND PROPOSED SCORES DEVELOPED BY UGC
FOR
ADOPTION OF PERFORMANCE BASED APPRAISAL SYSTEM (PBAS) FOR DIRECT
APPOINTMENT/CAREER ADVANCEMENT SCHEME (CAS) PROMOTIONS APPLICABLE TO
LIBRARIAN,
(UNIVERSITY) DEPUTY LIBRARIAN AND ASSTT. LIBRARIAN /COLLEGE LIBRARIAN.
Category – I : Procurement, organisation, and delivery of knowledge and
information through
Library services
S.No Nature of Activity Maximum Score
1. Library resources organisation and maintenance of books, journals,
reports; Provision of library reader- services, literature retrieval
services to researchers and analysis of reports; Provision of
assistance to the departments of University/College with the required
inputs for preparing reports, manuals and related documents;
Assistance towards updating institutional website with activity related
information and for bringing out institutional Newsletters, etc.
40
2. ICT and other new technologies’ application for upgradation of library
services such as automation of catalogue, learning resources
procurement functions, circulation operations including membership
records, serial subscription system, reference and information
services, library security (technology based methods such as RFID,
CCTV), development of library management tools (software), Intranet
management.
30
3. Development, organisation and management of e-resources including
their accessibility over Intranet/Internet, digitization of library
resources, e-delivery of information, etc.
25
4 User awareness and instruction programmes (Orientation lectures,
users’ training in the use of library services as e-resources, OPAC;
knowledge resources user promotion programmes like organizing
book exhibitions, other interactive latest learning resources, etc.
20
5. Additional services such as extending library facilities on holidays,
shelf order maintenance, library user manual, building and extending
institutional library facilities to outsiders through external membership
norms
10
Total Score 125
Minimum API score required  75

i think it is clear from above

On 3 November 2014 07:17, Gopakumar Velayudhanpillai <
gopakumar.v at rediffmail.com> wrote:

>  [image: Boxbe] <https://www.boxbe.com/overview> This message is eligible
> for Automatic Cleanup! (gopakumar.v at rediffmail.com) Add cleanup rule
> <https://www.boxbe.com/popup?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boxbe.com%2Fcleanup%3Ftoken%3DIBB3YreSmEbtwwIWFIcmApLlkF3XMdhfllRhNs1yW98bhh9dpDF2EU%252Bu8AUyPueKXkctJpAc6LDyPNTD9SgitnnPKiMq5bDd96cMuT3bD1OrRmVO5anYiiS6cW%252FkFZNFFYQ1Yp1UPDFcNINY3tZrEg%253D%253D%26key%3DRJREtffI5x7Ok7NVLmYOcVWHVKc2HfWOtrmoF%252BihtGc%253D&tc_serial=19202266276&tc_rand=944369995&utm_source=stf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001>
> | More info
> <http://blog.boxbe.com/general/boxbe-automatic-cleanup?tc_serial=19202266276&tc_rand=944369995&utm_source=stf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001>
>
> Dear professional friendsI would like to bring your attention to a very
> tricky situation
> being faced by librarians working in colleges and universities under the
> UGC
> Scheme.As per the UGC Scheme, the Career Advancement from College
> Librarian to Senior Grade and Selection Grade positions are carried out
> based
> on the API (Academic Performance Index), which includes components like
> teaching,
> research, publications etc and each having a cap on it. None of the
> librarians
> in colleges and universities teach in their respective institutions. As
> such
> attaining the minimum prescribed API Score is a difficult proposition. The
> Librarians are also not given projects by the UGC and hence attaining
> scores
> through it becomes difficult.
>
> I think many librarians will be facing this, but nobody has come
> up with a plan of action to bring this issue before the concerned
> authorities.
> Those who are aware of any such activities kindly place it before the
> professionals. Otherwise we may come together with a plan of action at the
> earliest for justice.
> Dr GOPAKUMAR V.
>
> University Librarian,Goa University
>
> Taleigao Plateau, Goa. PIN 403 206
> gopakumar.v at rediffmail.com
>
> Office Phone: 08326519012
>
> Mobile No: 09447056713 09158835495
> --
> believed to be clean.

-

*Thanks & Regards*

*Dr.Pardeep Rai   I   Librarian, Maitreyi College( University of Delhi ) I
ChanakyaPuri  New Delhi (India )110021 *I  *Email: **raipardeep at gmail.com
<raipardeep at gmail.com>* * I   M:9899359373 I  *