[LIS-Forum] Open Access Moment for Library Professionals and Society

DP Tripathi dptkvs at gmail.com
Tue May 13 16:10:47 IST 2014

Dear All,

I am D. P. Tripathi with my colleague Mr. Vinod Kumar Mishra, both are
working as an Assistant Librarian at Biju Patnaik Central Library, NIT
Rourkela.

We take this opportunity to inform you that we have started open access
moment for library professionals and society under the theme "Empowering
Library Professional to Empower Society" and in the process, recently we
successfully conducted the "National Workshop on Library Automation (Koha),
Content Management System (Joomla) and Data Migration: Challenges &
Prospects" from May 2-5, 2014 at NIT Rourkela. In this workshop,
participants from all corners of the country participated with great
enthusiasm. During this workshop, we both realized that society as well as
library professionals are in great need of change in the above mentioned
fields.

Keeping this problem in mind, we both of us thought to share this problem
with you all to overcome. We also thought about its solution.

We can conduct the workshops/training programmes on these topics including
others topics for our library professionals and society and save lakhs of
Rupees of our organizations/institutions which we are paying only for the
purpose of Library Automation & Data Migration.

Recently, in the month of April, we were present as resource persons in the
National Workshop on Koha & Content Management System by the BIMTECH,
Greater Noida. We also have an experience of data migration from SOUL,
Alice, NewGenLib, LibSys etc. to Koha as we successfully migrated data of
some institution / university such as

  Central Library, Assam University Silchar, Assam,
  Bhaktivedance Research Centre, Kolkata,
  IISER Bhopal,
  BIMTECH, Greater Noida.ยท

We also have an experience of developing online applications and managing
digital objects/contents (computer files) with the help of Open Source
Technologies such as Joomla, DSpace etc.

We will feel privileged and honored if we both of us are given an
opportunity to conduct the workshop in your
institute/university/organization under your able guidance on the topics
mentioned above to help the library professionals and society.
We both of us will not accept any kind of honorarium except TA/DA that also
subject to the approval of our competent authority and extend our maximum
help for the purpose mentioned above.

Thanks with kind regards,
--
D. P. Tripathi