[LIS-Forum] Kerala Library Association and MyLISA: Hats Off

Ishwar Goudar goudarishwar at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 23 16:58:20 IST 2014

Dear Professional Friends,

As I have observed two LIS Associations Kerala Library Association (KLA)
and Mysore Librarians and Information Scientists Association (MyLISA) have
been doing excellent jobs in South by way of arranging number of lectures,
seminars, workshops useful both for students and practicing librarians, by
and large true to their objectives. A number of useful topics/programs like
DSpace, KOHA, UGC-Net, Felicitations, Career Developmental Programs,
Surveys, etc have been covered by them.  Useful publications are also
brought out, apart from lobbying at government level in the interest of
profession They also handle LIS related consultancy/developmental projects.
Recently KLA, released Librarian Logo on International Women's Day. I
appreciate activities of KLA Centre for Proficiency Development (KLA-CPD).
 KLA Community is well represented in Social Media.  SALIS is another
Association with notable activities. In no way I am undermining the
activities of other LIS Associations. We, professionals and associations
should come up to the expectations of the society and there by getting
better recognition.

Regards,

Dr. I.R.N. Goudar
Ex. Visiting Professor and Library Adviser
Mysore University Library
University of Mysore
Manasagangotri, MYSORE - 570 006
Ex Scientist 'G' and Head, ICAST, NAL, Bangalore
E-mail: goudarishwar at gmail.com