[LIS-Forum] Fwd: [kaaranam-ketkadey] KLN Award and Gooogle: A BIG THANK YOU to ALL my Friends

Padmanabha Vyasamoorthy vyasamoorthy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:07:29 IST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Blogger <no-reply at blogger.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Subject: [kaaranam-ketkadey] KLN Award and Gooogle: A BIG THANK YOU to ALL
my Friends
To: vyasamoorthy at gmail.com

 *KLN Award and Google:  A BIG THANK YOU to ALL my Friends*

 Upon receipt of information about my getting the KLN Award for the
services to the elderly, I got drenched fully in a rain of congratulatory
messages from various quarters – sss-global, ex-idl, Bhavana-lucknow,
aisccon, ISU3A, Lis-Forum and other groups; from my friends in FaceBook,
Twitter, GPlus, LinkedIn etc. A very large number of my friends have been
very generous in inflating my Ego. Frankly, much against my nature, I was
in Cloud Nine, hesitating to climb down! As it is difficult, if not
impossible, for me to individually acknowledge each well wisher, I am
choosing to send a million thanks via this missive. I have made a table of
all those to whom thanks are due. If I have missed some, it is just a slip,
pardon me.

   Sri Kanuri Manohar
  Sri G Srinivasan CBE
  Sri SV Chalapathy
   Sri RV Rao IOCL
  Sri Subramananian Srinivasan
  Prof V Ramamurti
   Sri Kalluri Subba Rao
  Sri M Puparelia
  Sr gyanendra Khare
   Sri Y Markandeyulu
  Sri DN Chapke
  Sri P Ramachandran
   Sri M Hanumantha Rao
  Sri Raghavan Poova
  Sri Govinfdarajan
   Smt Gowri Jayaram
  Sri Prabhakar Chhatre
  Sri VRV Rao
   Sri A Suryanarayana
  Sri Khanapur Krishna Rao
  Justice TNC Rangarajan
   Sri Venkatramani Ramana
  Sri T Koteswar Rao
  Sri KV Shastry
   Sri Vijaya Anand
  Sri IM Bhalla
  Smt Parveen Ansar
   Smt Susheela
  Sri RN Mital
  Sri M Ruparelia
   Sri Nityanandam
  Sri VK Shukla
  Sri Sailesh Mishra
   Smt Jayanti
  Sri Pattabhraman
  Dr T Thomas
   Sri Lohitakshan
  Sri Vitthal Rao Lakaraju
  Sri R Bashyam
   Sri Annavajla Sarma
  Sri Ramesh Bukkapatnam
  Sri Mumtaz Khan
   Sri NV Murthy
  Sri Mandagiri Rangaswamy
  Sri V Sriram
   Sri RK Chitrapu
  Sri Raman Bharadwaj
  Wing Cmdr Bharat Bhushan
   Sri AP Singh
  Sri J Nandakumar
  Sri C Madhusudhana Rao
   Dr Balambal
  Sri K Paarthasarathy
  Sri Jagannath Madhavan
   Sri Dinesh Babel
  Sri KA Raju
  Sri IM Desai
   Sri Mohan Surya
  Sri AK Malhotra
  Sri K Rajasekaran
   Sri Vellimedu Sashadri
  Smt Tandra Mukerji
  Sri IVLN Chary
   Sri Gurusamy Balasubramanian
  Sri P Chhatre
  Smt Shyamala
   Sri Badrinarayana Miriyala
  Sri RV Rao
  Dr A Lakshmana Moorthy
   Sri Haneefa Rawuther
  Sri Chandwaskar
  Sri Mudigonda Lingaamurthy
   Smt Anureeta Saigal
  Smt Sobha
  Smt Kamakshi Hatti
   Sri Harikishan
  Sri Vasudevamurthy
  Sri NV Satyanarayana
   Sri Daljit Singh Grewal
  IndLibs Group
  Sri Narasimha Rao (IDL)
   Dr Sugan Bhatia
  Sri Bhagwanulu
  Prof Varalakshmi
   I have put Sri K Manohar as the first person to thank, not just for the
award itself;  but also because of his innovative Twittering techniques, I
have seen hundreds of tweets bout this ward.

 Many friends have been asking for details about KLN Award. Complete
details are given in http://kanuri.org/ The KLN Award seeks to recognize
individuals, social catalysts, who have advanced our understanding and
awareness of issues and challenges affecting elders, thereby enhancing the
dignity, care, and well-being of elders in a changing society. The KLN
Award will be given up to four times a year. The awardee receives a
certificate and a cheque for Rs. 200,000.  The name of the first awardee
(Dr Padmanabha Vyasamoorthy) was announced on June 5th 2014. It will be
given on June 15, the United Nations’ World Elder Abuse Awareness day.  The
website answers all doubts through an FAQ. This award is not based on any
application from individuals and subsequent selection. You cannot send
nominations or recommendations. The KLN Trust which has instituted the
award searches, sifts, selecta and reaches out to the suitable candidate
concerned on its own.

 All along I have taken pride in searching Google for answering my own and
others queries and consider myself as a semi-expert.  Deccan Chronicle
called me The Internet Hunter sometime ago. For a change, KLN Trust Googled
and reached me as a suitable person for the award!. Sri Manohar Kanuri of
the trust met me personally some months ago and thereafter we exchanged
many email messages and telephone calls.  Therefore I am happy about the
role played by Google and the Internet in general – I am pleased that I
have left enough footprints to trace me down.

--
Posted By Blogger to kaaranam-ketkadey
<http://vyasa-kaaranam-ketkadey.blogspot.com/2014/06/kln-award-and-gooogle-big-thank-you-to.html>