[LIS-Forum] MyDLIS Golden Jubilee - Appeal to Strengthen Alumni Network

N.S. Harinarayana ns.harinarayana at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 10:42:08 IST 2014

Dear Professionals,

Geetings from MyDLIS .

This is an appeal to all the Alumnus of MyDLIS to join the Alumni Network
online.

The Department of Studies in Library and Information Science, University of
Mysore, Mysore - shortly referred as  MyDLIS -  will enter into its Golden
Jubilee Year on June 24.  The Department was established by the visionaries
of those days on June 24, 1965.  We, the alumni of the Department, can now
proudly say that MyDLIS has completed fruitful 50 years.  When we look back
there are many milestones in the journey of MyDLIS which are indeed worthy
enough for others to emulate.

The Golden Jubilee Year (2014-15) will be celebrated with full fervor under
the leadership of the present chairman of the department Prof. M.
Chandrashekara.  You may expect more details about the activities very soon
from the Department. Your support for the celebrations is supreme
importance to us.  MyDLIS wants you to be an integral part of all its
activities during and after the Golden Jubilee year.  We strongly believe
that your suggestions and participation in MyDLIS activities are valuable
and help us in taking the department to the further heights.

As a starter, we wish to strengthen MyDLIS Alumni Network.  Please visit
the department's website
http://www.uni-mysore.ac.in/library-and-information-science/#A  and
register yourself in the MyDLIS Alumni Network.  It takes only 3 to 4
minutes of your valuable time. Please spare this time for your Alma mater.

Thanks in advance

For more details contact:
Prof. M. Chandrashekara
Chairman
Department of Studies in Library and Information Science
University of Mysore
Manasagangotri, Mysore
Email:  chandra.uom at gmail.com
Mobile: 9448600970
Office Landline: 0821 - 2419389, 0821 - 2419398

--
N.S. Harinarayana
Department of Library and Information Science