[LIS-Forum] sad news- Prof AK Dasgupta is no more

Prof. N. Laxman Rao. naglaxman at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 14:39:05 IST 2014

dear friends

I am sorry to communicate that Prof AK Dasgupta, Hyderabad, who was earlier in EENADU had expired last evening after long illness. Today morning he had been cremated.
Prof Dasgupta is well known for his contribution in the field of LIS. He is fine human and friendly in nature. He encouraged many youngsters and was a well known for his support to young professionals
It is a major loss to the profession.

 on behalf of my self and all other professionals we convey  our condolences to the family.
let his soul rest in peace.

laxman rao

Prof. N.LAXMAN RAO,
Member, Advisory Board, National Library, Kolkata
UGC-Emeritus Fellow (2009-11)
Professor in Library and Information Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad ( super-annuated).
Formerly Director, UGC-Academic Staff College (2006-8).

Formerly President of Indian Association of Teachers in Library and Information Science ( IATLIS) and  Association of British Scholars ( AP Chapter) .

ADDRESS: Plot No A-194, H No 1-8-10/1, Ravindra Nagar,
Habsiguda, HYDERABAD- 500007. Mobile: 09246547599, 09493701565
email:  naglaxman at yahoo.comnaglaxman at gmail.com.