[LIS-Forum] LIS FEDERATION Formed at Bangalore-reg

Sunil MV sunilmysore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 21:40:27 IST 2014

Dear All,

The very first message from a new association (?) FEDERATION OF KARNATAKA
LIBRARIANS ASSOCIATION (FEKLA) (?) is not in a good taste. The tone and
tenor of the language used in the message is deplorable. One would expect
more pleasing and inviting message from associations despite the difference
they might have with others.

Can any one appreciate the following sentences in a welcoming note from a
just born association?
 * ...just finding fault on others and teaching Vedanta through some forums
is very easy ...*
 * ... none of the professional association opens up their mouth ...*
 *... a Common platform to fight for the real cause ...* (as if all other
associations are fake and not doing anything)

The present message has to be read in continuation of earlier message of
Dr. Shekhar which shows clearly the intentions with which the new
association has born.  The ill-feeling can be vividly seen in both the
messages.

May God bless the new association.

We hope to see more positive and matured messages from the new association
in future.

Regards,

Sunil MV

DISCLAIMER:
The above views expressed by me are purely personal and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of the associations and/or institutions with which I
am working/involved.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Shekar H P <shekarhp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> GREETINGS FOR THE DAY....!!!
>

> It is good to see the postings of Dr. IRN Goudar and the suggestions /
> opinions expressed by other professional friends across India too.
>

> I am closely watching the activities of most of the LIS associations in
> India since 23 years. As you all know, none of the association in the state
> / India thinking in this direction (as pointed out by IRN Goudar) and
> raising their voice. It is true that, we cannot ignore the share of past
> Presidents of different LIS associations and their teams too. On the other
> side, Congratulations to S.L.Faisal and his team of KendriyaVidyalaya
> Library professionals who took a lead and preparing manual. We should
> appreciate their effort.
>

> Hope you all agree with me, just finding fault on others and teaching
> Vedanta through some forums is very easy. But the contribution of every
> individual counts in implementing /achieving these goals and objectives.
>

> Since most of the associations have their own objectives limited to their
> service environment / platforms like PU Colleges / First grade Colleges /
> Universities etc., it is difficult for them to think broadly profession as
> a whole and concentrating on the Policy issues / Procedure/ Decisions etc
> taking place in the professional field. As expressed by one of the senior
> Professor N. Laxman Rao 'the problems are increasing year after the year.
> Especially now the status and facilities given to academic librarians is at
> stake. One after the other the facilities are being removed. It is true
> that our recognition is going from bad to worse. It is high time that the
> Associations take lead and do something for the profession'.
>

> Sri.N.V.Satyanaraya, CMD, Informatics India, also rightly pointed out
> (during the general body meeting of KALA recently) and gave a call to all
> the regional / national LIS professional associations to unite under one
> tree and form a FEDERATION to take lead in the state / National level. So
> that there will be a strength to fight for the cause. But even after so
> many postings / discussions none of the professional association opens up
> their mouth and ready to shoulder the responsibility.
>

> Based on these grounds, in the interest of the budding librarians and the
> professional zeal, we are happy to announce that, like minded Senior LIS
> professionals of the State, Office bearers of different associations with
> the representatives (belongs to both Govt. and Private college libraries)
> of PU Colleges, First grade Colleges, Universities, Law, Medical,
> Engineering, B.Ed/TCH, Polytechnics, Business Schools, Public Libraries
> etc. have decided to shoulder the responsibility, joined together and
> formed a FEDERATION – An Apex body of LIS professionals in the state and a
> Common platform to fight for the real cause within the state and Govt. of
> India / UGC as well.

> [...]

*Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this
e-mail*
Dr. Sunil M.V.
Librarian
SDM Institute for Management Development
No. 1, Chamundi Hill Main Road, Siddharthanagar Post
Mysore - 570 011, INDIA