[LIS-Forum] Open Acess, Open Science, Open Data...yes they are cool! But, what next??

Sri Amudha Sankar sriamudhas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 10:26:11 IST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Here's something new and interesting!! Keep reading!

How do we find if our works all that had been made open for wider
accessibility really had better impact in the society? That's where
altmetrics come into the scene by tracking scholarly impact beyond h-index
or journal impact factor or other traditional metrics we are using already!

Impactstory is a researcher-run non-profit, funded by the NSF.

They’ve created a website that compiles all the citations, downloads,
tweets, Mendeley bookmarks, and so on for all of your research products...
articles, data sets, slides, software, etc. It’ll also pull in your new
products automatically, and send you email alerts whenever any of your
products has a new impact. It’s a great way to stay up-to-date on your
research impact, and discover research impact you didn’t even know you had!

Here are some example Impactstory profiles:

1) https://impactstory.org/CarlBoettiger
<https://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimpactstory%2Eorg%2FCarlBoettiger&urlhash=N4fB&_t=tracking_anet>

2) https://impactstory.org/SridharGutam
<https://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimpactstory%2Eorg%2FSridharGutam&urlhash=ElgQ&_t=tracking_anet>
.

If you’re interested, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial here:
https://impactstory.org/signup
<https://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimpactstory%2Eorg%2Fsignup&urlhash=UpE2&_t=tracking_anet>

I'm an Impactstory Advisor! So feel free to contact me further!

Best,
Sri Amudha S,
Research Scholar,
Dept of Library and Information Science,
Pondicherry University.
​
Mob : 91-9443936630.​