[LIS-Forum] Z39.50 Servers

P. S. Mukhopadhyay psmukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:46:52 IST 2014

Dear Binu Thomas

There are presently three Z 39.50 servers available in India that are
listed in IRSpy service. We developed one Z 39.50 server for our project
entitled "Library Automation and Resource Sharing" sponsored by NMEICT
project, MHRD, Govt. of India (under the PI-ship of Prof. Uma Kanjila,
DLIS, IGNOU; Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay, DLIS, Kaluyani Univ, WB and
Prof. Raghavan, Ex-DRTC, ISI). This server is listed in IRSypy and recently
reported by IRSpy that it has achieved 100% reliability. The other two Z
39.50 servers listed there are Delhi Public Library System and Mysore
University. You can check status from this link:

http://irspy.indexdata.com/find.html?cql.anywhere=&dc.title=&zeerex.country=India&net.protocol=&net.host=&net.port=&net.path=&zeerex.reliabilityAtLeast=&zeerex.libType=&dc.description=&dc.creator=&_sort=&_search=Search&_count=10&_skip=0

One interesting point is that all of these server are running on Koha not
by commercial ILS procured by libraries against huge payment and AMC.

Regards

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Science,
University of Kalyani,
Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Binu Thomas <binu.thomas at eclateng.com>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am searching to add Z39.50 Servers of Indian Libraries in Koha. I have
searched Google and found none. Is anyone of you aware of Z39.50 Servers
provided by Indian Libraries.

> The INDCAT service of INFLIBNET is also a Union Catalog, but there
doesn't seem to be any available Z39.50 service for the same.