[LIS-Forum] Part Time Research in Library Science (Sharmila Ghosh)

Sharmila Ghosh milaghosh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:16:36 IST 2014

Dear Latha
I am a Library professional like you and all. I am not in the right
capacity to comment if your qualification and experience are appropriate.
Also, I do not *offer* part-time research projects, I myself *work* on
projects assigned to me.
I think senior professors or library professionals heading well-known
organisations and institutes will be better positioned to comment or
evaluate your credentials.
Sometime back, IGIDR Mumbai was looking for professionals for some project.
Also, IIM-Kozhikode has opportunities for part-time projects, as far as I
know.
More than academic qualifications and/or experience, the urge or
inclination to pursue research and having the right mindset for research -
is what is important. Added to this, is having the right contacts or
knowing potential people who could give you valuable leads.
I hope I have been able to answer you ! Since you are Bangalore based, why
not connect with DRTC?
I will confess here that I had posted my interest for taking up part-time
research projects, in this forum but nobody responded. So, I explored on my
own and still continue to do so.
Wish you good luck!