[LIS-Forum] Content Discovery seminar

remi raminanikesh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 21:48:43 IST 2013

Hi,

It is really amazing to note that Discovery Landscape is widening in India.
In this context, i would like to add some more interesting facts which I
had observed as part of my comparative study of various Discovery systems (
paper presented in ICAL 2013 held at New Delhi)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/170300503/Cloud-Web-Scale-Discovery-Services-Landscape-an-Overview

The big 4 players in Discovery market are
1. EBSCO Discovery service with more than 2300+ customer base all over the
world.
2. Summon  Discovery service with 600+ Customers
3. Primo Central of Exlibris
4. Worldcat local

EBSCO Discovery service covers more than 90.000 journals and 6 million
e-books metadata in its base index and other discovery services also have
quite good amount of metadata.

Recently Jawaharlal Nehru University had conducted a National Seminar on
Web scale Discovery in which EBSCO Discovery Service and Summon presented
their products.

Another recent article with comparative study of the various Discovery
services:

http://crl.acrl.org/content/74/5/464.abstract

*Regards,*
*