[LIS-Forum] Sad Demise of Librarian A R Sethi

reshma rana rana.reshma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:34:47 IST 2013

Dear Mr. Bansal,

This is really a saddening news that Shri. A.R Sethi  Ex-Librarian Panjab
University is no more with us. He was a person with elevated principles
which made him distinguished personality. His love for discipline was
admirable.
I entreat for the peace of departed soul and I Pray to God for granting
fortitude to his family.
Regards
Reshma Rana Verma,
Programme Officer  (In-Charge, Canadian Studies Library)
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg, New Delhi-110001.

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jivesh Bansal <jiveshbansal at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> It is extremely sorry to inform you the sad demise of Libn. A R Sethi,
> former University Librarian, Panjab University, Chandigarh and Ex. Deputy
> Librarian, J.N.U. New Delhi. A man of strong discipline and principles, he
> immensely contributed to the LIS profession.
>
> He was Head of Documentation Division in J.N.U., New Delhi. The
> computerisation of Panjab University Library had undergone during his
> tenure as University Librarian. To start the SATKAL Trust (Satinder Kaur
> Ramdev Memorial Trust for Advancement of Librarianship Trust) was the
> brainchild of Libn. Sethi.
>

> I whole heartedly pay my tribute to such a great soul. May his soul rest in
> peace.
>

> Regards.
>
> Dr. Jivesh Bansal,
> Sr. Assistant Librarian,
> Panjab University Library,
> Chandigarh-160014.
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

*Reshma Rana Verma
*"When there is faith and victory in the mind, success can be gained. If
the thoughts are weak, there is defeat."*