[LIS-Forum] Conference

Khalid Nadeem Khan khalidnk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 14:40:51 IST 2013

Dear  Sir/Madam

Greeting!

Trust it finds you well.

You will be pleased to know that a two day national conference is being organized by University of Delhi South Campus jointly with Society for Library Professionals in association with United Nations Information Centre-India and Special Library Association-Asian Chapter on Friday-Saturday, 7-8  February 2014 .

The theme of conference is “From Brick to Click: Transforming Libraries into Social Spaces” and the conference aims to address the main issues of concern within the framework of transformation which is taking place with the emergence of distributed forms of information in a double click environment.

We believe that the role of physical libraries have changed considerably over the last ten years, to reflect changes in the
 nature of education. The importance of collaboration, group work and communication in teaching and learning are widely recognised and the central role of the library as a repository of facts and information is changing. While it is still important to have this kind of resource, it has proven to be a diminishing draw in terms of library traffic.

The notion of transforming libraries into social and cultural spaces is an expansive role for the future library not only serving as an information resource, but much more, with the exact mission and goals evolving and changing over time. A culture-based library is one that taps into the spirit of the community, assessing priorities and providing resources to support the things deemed most important. Libraries are in a unique position to experiment with creative spaces so the future role of the library can define itself.

The conference program will include plenary sessions, invited and contributed
 papers, poster sessions, product presentations, panel discussions and an exhibition. A series of parallel sessions will be held offering delegates a wide range of in depth presentations by leading national and international experts.

In view of your eminence and contribution to LIS profession,  the core committee of the conference seeks your support in organising the conference  successfully as its  very  distinguished organising committee member . We also seek your kind presence during the conference as our  distinguished  guest.

We are sure that  you will accept our invitation and  extend your support to the  event and enrich  us by your invaluable advice and experience from time to time so that conference achieves its objectives and concludes with purposefully.

We  will keep you duly posted  with all the developments and decision associated  with  the organising
 of the  conference.

Looking forward for your support

With  many thanks,

Dr.Tariq Ashraf,

Organising Secretary

Library and Information Professionals Summit 2014

University  of Delhi  South Campus

Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi-110021

Phone: +91-11-24110221, Mobile:+91-9868335593